- 6 cup water
- 3 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cup 95% lean ham chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cup milk
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 8 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup garlic croutons
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In heavy bottomed Dutch oven or large wide pot, over medium-high heat, add water, bouillon, butter and all seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes and cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Add potatoes and chicken to soup mixture. Stir to combine and cover.
- In a sealable container combine flour and milk. Seal tightly and shake vigorously to combine well. You will create a smooth flour mixture for thickening your sauce called a slurry. Slowly pour the slurry into broth, stirring constantly. Add cheese and ham chunks and stir. Cover.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over top and with garlic croutons. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.Com