- Roasted Strawberries
- Roasting intensifies the flavor of this already delicious berry. They give of their juices and create a strawberry syrup that is delightful beyond description. Serve
- yield: 2 pints
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 lemon slices
- pinch of kosher salt
- Cut hulled strawberries into halves. Cut gargantuan strawberries into fourths. Add to baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over berries and toss gently.
- Add cinnamon stick and lemon slices.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roasted strawberries. Fresh strawberries, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, lemon slices and a pinch of salt. Ready for roasting.
- Roast 1 hour until berries have taken on a rich ruby color. Remove before syrup cooks away. No need to stir while cooking.
- Let cool. Syrup will thicken when cooled.
- Remove cinnamon stick and lemon slices before serving unless you are accustomed to eating cinnamon sticks and lemon slices
Source : allrecipes.Com