- 1 box King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup almond flour (see tips, below)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, to taste
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (for a Bundt cake), or 350°F (for round layers). Lightly grease a 12-cup bundt-style pan; three 8″ round pans, or two 9″ round pans.
- To make the cake: Mix together the cake mix and almond flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and oil together, then beat with the almond extract and half the almond flour/cake mix.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly just until combined after each addition.
- Add 1/3 of the milk at a time, alternating with 1/3 of the dry mix. Beat until smooth, scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the Bundt cake for 50 to 60 minutes; the 9″ layers for 34 to 36 minutes, or the 8″ layers for 28 to 30 minutes. The cake’s crust will be golden brown, and the middle will feel firm when pressed. The internal temperature should be 210°F to 212°F.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the glaze ingredients; begin with the smallest amount of liquid.
- Add milk or cream until the glaze is the texture of molasses.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with sliced or slivered almonds, if desired. Layers can be stacked, filled, and iced with your favorite frosting.
- Yield: 1 cake, about 16 servings. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.Com