- pre-packaged frozen dough (I prefer rhodes)
- shredded cheese (mexi-blend or mozzerella)
- parmesan cheese
- pepperoni or whatever other pizza topping you like
- some herbs
- olive oil
- Loosely cover the frozen bread dough with plastic wrap.
- Allow dough to thaw for a few hours at room temperature.
- Roll dough out to approximately 11 x 11 square.
- One frozen dough log makes one pepperoni roll.
- Brush dough with olive oil or whatever cooking oil you prefer.
- Lay pepperoni on dough covering entire surface. I like to use sandwich pepperoni from the deli. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Next, sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. You can use grated from a can if that is what you already have on hand…but you can buy the shredded Parmesan in a bag.You’ll find it right next to the other bags of shredded cheese. Wal Mart sells it for $1.99 and it is very good. I like using the shredded Parmesan in the bag because the flavor is so much better!
- Lightly sprinkle with Italian herbs…basically, some dried oregano, parsley and basil. Be careful, not too much….oregano can be very strong and you don’t want too much!
- Add a sprinkling of garlic powder. I was all out of garlic powder, so I used garlic salt.
- Roll up dough starting at one edge of square.
- Place rolls on baking sheet, leaving space between.
- Brush some melted butter on top of uncooked pepperoni roll. You do not need to let rise.
- Bake it right away. It will rise up in the oven perfectly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 15 to 25 minutes. Oven temps. and times may vary.
- When done, top of roll should be golden brown and you should be able to make a tapping sound on the crust with your fingernail…just the same as when baking bread. Make sure you allow pepperoni roll to cool completely before serving.
Source : allrecipes.Com