- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbls fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9” square baking dish (or casserole dish) with non-stick spray.
- Pour can of tomatoes into pan and spread evenly over the bottom. Nestle chicken breasts into the tomatoes. Spread about 1 tablespoon pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165°F).
- Top with shredded cheese, and return to the oven for 5 minutes until melted. Use broiler if you want the cheese browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge.
Source : allrecipes.com