For the Cookie Cups:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup WHOLESOME Organic Cane Sugar
- zest of one medium lemon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
For the Frosting:
- 1 12.5-ounce container of WHOLESOME Organic Wild White Strawberry Frosting
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon strawberry puree, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest and mix with your fingertips until the sugar is fragrant.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the butter and lemon sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and extracts. Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Scoop balls of dough with a tablespoon and place one dough ball into each cup of the prepared mini muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookie cups to cool for about 2 minutes. Gently press a round teaspoon measuring spoon into each cookie cup to create a small indentation.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing to finish cooling on a rack.
- Once the cookie cups have cooled completely, pipe or spread the frosting onto each cookie cup.
- If desired, top with a bit of WHOLESOME Organic Cane Sugar for a little sparkle.
Source : allrecipes.Com