- 1.5 lbs beef steak cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 large green pepper julienned
- 1 large red pepper julienned
- 1 large orange or yellow pepper julienned
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups of provel ropes or grated provolone cheese
- Add 1 tablespoon each olive oil and sesame oil to skillet over medium high heat. Keeping heat high enough brown steak. Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add more oil if necessary and add onions. Cook on high until lightly browned on edges.Remove from pan and place over beef, cover and keep warm.
- Add more oil if necessary and add peppers. Cook on high until lightly browned on edges. Remove from pan and place over onions, cover and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add a little more sesame oil to skillet over low heat; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add brandy and cook to reduce by 1/2. Add ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sriracha and ketchup. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add steak, onions and peppers back to the skillet. Top with cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes turn oven to broil and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Source : allrecipes.Com