- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (16 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well incorporated then set aside.
- Take each egg roll wrapped and face the corner towards you, and place 2 tablespoons of the filling in each wrapper
- brush the edges of the wrappers with water
- Fold the corner nearest to you over the filling.
- Gently press the wrapper around the filling, because you do NOT want air in them
- Fold the right and left corners of the wrapped toward the middle of the filling , one by one.
- Brush the rest of the wrapper with water, then roll up the rest of the egg roll
- Make sure all edges are sealed completely, (you do not want filling coming out while frying)
- You dont want the rolls TOO damp , just wet enough to keep them sealed before frying
- Repeat process until they are all filled and ready to fry!
- In a Medium , (semi deep) sauce pan, fill with about one inch of oil
- heat until 325F
- One at a time, slowly put each filled roll into the HOT oil carefully.
- Fry until golden brown, (about one minute)
- using tongs, remove from the oil, and place onto a cooling wrack lined with a paper towel
- Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
Source : allrecipes.Com