- Fry onion in two tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat till onion is translucent, for about 5 minutes then stir garlic into onion and turn off heat. Place onion mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir ground beef, ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper with onion mixture till almost combined; stir in bread crumbs and continue to mix till thoroughly blended.
- Roll about two tablespoons of mixture into a one-inch ball for each meatball. Pour two tablespoons olive oil in same skillet used to cook onions. Next place skillet over medium heat and brown meatballs on all sides in hot oil for about 5 minutes.
- To remove excess grease from skillet hold a crumpled paper towel in a tongs.
- Pour marinara sauce and water over meatballs in skillet and stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low then simmer, stirring occasionally, till meatballs are cooked through and no longer pink in the center, for about 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com