- 1 cup oatmeal stout or Guinness Stout
- 1 cup dark molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup of juice)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter bundt pan and dust with flour and knocking out excess. (I used a baking spray here, i sprayed it on thickly).
- In a large saucepan bring stout and molasses to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk in baking soda, next cool to room temperature.
- Sift together flour, spices and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs and sugars. Whisk in oil, and then molasses mixture. Add to flour mixture and whisk till just combined.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and rap pan sharply on counter to eliminate air bubbles. Next bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs adhering, for about 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack and let cool.
- While the cake cools, make your glaze. I go with the juice of 1 lemon and just 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar. Traditional recipes go for more sugar, (I like things to be super lemony).
- Over low heat, to a small saucepan add lemon juice and sugar. Whisk the sugar and lemon together till combined and turned into a thick glaze. Apply glaze to the cake using a spoon or a brush.
Source : allrecipes.Com