Once you try this homemade Classic Reuben Sandwich Recipe, you’ll never order it at a restaurant again. Slices of rye bread with corned beef, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, and cheese – grilled until crispy!
- 1/2 lb corned beef
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 6 slices rye bread
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut drained
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp creamy horseradish
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp onion finely grated
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the Russian Dressing, set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add the meat and cook just until heated.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread (butter side down) on a plate.
- Add the toppings to each sandwich: Spread the dressing, top with the meat, cheese, and sour kraut. Close bread slices to create a sandwich.
- In a hot skillet, cook sandwiches over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, flipping once. Cook until cheese melts and the bread is crispy.