- Sausage Mixture:
- 3/4 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can Green Giant(R) mushroom pieces and stems
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Baking Mixture:
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick(R) mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Cool 5 minutes; stir in mushrooms, salt, sage and cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup sausage mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto sausage mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and tops of muffins are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve.
Source : allrecipes.Com