- 2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 packet (1 1/4 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- Add beef stock to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add rice, cover, and cook until done, about 25 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet, about 3 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Add corn and cook for 3 more minutes. Add water and taco seasoning mix. Turn down the heat and cook until the meat is done and the liquid is almost completely absorbed, 5-10 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, stir it into the meat and vegetables. Turn off the heat and mix in salsa. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Per serving: 16 SmartPoints; 11 PointsPlus; 9 POINTS (old)
Source : allrecipes.com