- 1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 10corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 3cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (12 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in soup and chiles.
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom of slow cooker. Place 4 corn tortillas over sauce, overlapping and breaking in half as necessary to make an even layer. Top with 1/3 of beef mixture, spreading evenly. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layering twice, using 3 corn tortillas and half of remaining beef mixture, enchilada sauce and cheese in each layer. Sprinkle paprika over top.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours 30 minutes to 5 hours 30 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle individual servings with cilantro.
- Instead of cream of mushroom soup, try cream of broccoli or cream of celery soup.
- While the enchiladas finish cooking, bake up a batch of cornbread. For a salad, toss together leaf lettuce, diced avocado, mandarin orange slices and a favorite dressing.