One of the best cookie recipes around!
TIPS FOR MAKING BROWNIE COOKIES
- Butter: I use salted butter. If using unsalted butter, increase the salt by about ¼ teaspoon.
- Cocoa Powder: I didn’t have good results when using Dutch-processed cocoa powder. I recommend using unsweetened cocoa powder in this recipe.
- Chocolate chips: I’ve tried making the cookies without the chocolate chips, and they didn’t have as much of a crackly crust. Don’t skip the chocolate chips if you want a shinier cookies.
- Mixing: I recommend using a paddle attachment to mix the cookie dough. I’ve tried using a whisk attachment, and the cookies didn’t turn out as well.
- Chilling: The cookies will be flat and will bake out if you skip chilling the dough. Also, if your fridge is packed doesn’t chill very well, you may find that you need to add a little extra time to the given chilling time.
- Baking: The cookies will look underbaked in the center but be set at the edges, and the crackly, shiny crust will develop as the cookies cool.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Bittersweet chocolate chips 60-70% cacao
Ynsweetened cocoa powder not Dutch-processed
Pecans chopped, optional
Mini semisweet chocolate chips
You can find a copy of this recipe on the next page. Enjoy!